Monday, October 5, 2009

Harmony

Hi Everyone,
Rosie's Mom again today. I want to thank everyone for their comments and good advice. This weekend was a success with Rosie's training. We crated her when we left the house and paid strict attention to when she had to go outside and there were no accidents. We also spent all day Saturday cleaning the carpets down stairs and they look and smell delightful so we are being extra careful with watching Rosie's every move. This morning, I had her outside and she went #1 and and then wandered around the yard a bit. She came in and ate her breakfast. Then I saw her sneak off to go down stairs. I followed her and caught her before she did anything but, she was certainly planning on leaving a poop down there so I took her right outside and she went in the proper place. I think she will need this type of attention for a while before she gets it right. I did crate her when I left for work this morning and she seemed OK with it - I know she would rather lounge on the couch all day but oh well.
Thanks again and I will let you know how it all works out.
Rosie's Mom, Kristy

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Hi Kristy! I was just coming over to check on her potty dilemma- I am glad you have made some good progress! I think I may need to do the same- start treating Pearl like she is a puppy and start back at step one. I hope we both find success!!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

Glad to see things are going better fur all!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Asta said...

Rosie mawie
Congwatulations
I knew it would wowk..that's how I got twianed too
smoochie kisses
ASTA

Hank said...

'Atta girl, Rosie, honey!

(Don't tell my mom but I'm glad she makes me go outside at the same times every day. Believe me, honey.....it is NO fun tuh sleep with yer POOP!)

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Good Girl Rosie!
Good Girl! See how smart you are!

love
tweedles

Mia said...

Lilo has lost her free range privledges. She seems to have reverted back to puppyhood. Everytime she is left out, something gets eaten or there is an accident in my roommates bedroom. So she has gone back to being crated while we're at work. I hat e to have to do it, but at this I don't have a choice. Keep us updated on Rosie's progress.

Jess

Martha said...

Glad things are going well - we are sure with your careful watching Rosie will be fine.
xxx

Sandy said...

I just wanted to thank you so much for your sweet words about our little Sugar. We miss her so much...she was such a sweet sweet girl. Thanks for coming by. Kiss your Rosie as much as you can!

Pugsley and Lola said...

Hi Kristy:)

Keep up the good work with Rosie!!! Crate training is the best way to go. Before my "Bank Lady" days, I was a vet tech. I spent lots of time talking with dog owners about crate training.
A little patience and persistance will payoff in the end:)

Lots of luck!!
Heather
AKA: Pugsley & Lola's Mom

Archie and Melissa said...

hi kristy and rosie!

what a wonderful plan you have in place. i know this will work. :)

we had similar issues with emmitt and it just took us being consistent with him for him to learn what he was supposed to do.

xoxoxo
m & e